We just found out today that occasionally they get movies from the military and when they find a good one they will watch it in the yard with a big projector so everyone can see it together. We are excited for the next one.
There is a big brown metal gate
on the street level in front of our apartment. Open that and you walk up an entry way to the barred gate which opens to the stairway of our apartment.
We got dropped off in front of our apartment the first week here after running some errands. As the family drove off we opened our gate to see a refrigerator. Apparently while we were out a few guys dropped it off with a rented truck to move it in. (The school had an extra fridge and was letting us use it) We were not home so they left it next to the front of the gate. It was going to rain soon and we didn't know what to do but each take a side and carry it up the stairs. It is seriously a miracle that we lifted the fridge up the stairs. I mean it is a big refrigerator, there are a lot of stairs, and there was Brett and I in our flip flops!
This is the view from the front of our apartment. We have a balcony that looks out on the street. There is a bar/motel across the street that our night guards brother is the night guard for the bar (I thought I would throw in that extra tidbit of information). The ocean is straight ahead and the big brown building to the right is the La Meridian hotel.
This is the view outside one of our windows at the back of our apartment. We did not notice all of the satelites on top of the roofs until we took the picture! It is fun to hear the rain on all of the tin
roofs behind our apartment. You would think it would be this soft peaceful sound but it is like the heavens open up and just let all the rain fall at once. It is almost like a thunder sound.
I was going to title this blog something like The rains in Africa thinking there was a song about I Miss the Rain Down in Africa. However upon Googling it I found out the lyrics are really Bless the Rain in Africa which is nice but not what I thought. (Apperently it is a common misconception because they had a couple websites clearing up the confusion with the lyrics)
I miss having face to face conversations with family and friends, but would not go back and trade this year here in Africa. I am learning a lot on all sorts of levels and want these new things learned to create a lasting change in me. I have loved the e-mails, reading other peoples blogs, and catching up with everyone. I wanted to let you know that we can see evidence of your prayers! Thank you.
- Angela
8 comments:
Angela, Thanks for the entry, pictures are great, the first to come out of the country:) I always thought it was "miss" too! Bless the rain...I like that better, especially "cause now it falls on you"...
Thank you so much for your newest post. I love the pictures! Larisa and I have a little celebration every time you guys have a new entry up!
That last one was me..sorry
hey bub,
imissyou! it was good to see pictures of your smiling face(I also recognized that skirt)! You just made my day!
LoveYou!!!!
Toot
ps whats up brettman
Ang and Brett
I LOVE looking on your blog and seeing what is going on down in Africa!...Seeing pictures of you today made me sooo excited and man, it made me miss you. It reminded me to pray for you guys as well. Love you a ton! Kara
I loved the post Angela! You need to do it more often :) I would love to see more pictures of the appartment and hear how school is going! Love you both!
dude you can see the ocean from your window, that's cool! (when i think of the african beach i remember uncle bob saying to wear steel shoes caz of the dirty needles...do you? :) i laughed when i read the fridge part. i can just pictures you two lugging a huge fridge up the stairs in your flip flops!
I miss you. This entry is fascinating.
Post a Comment