Thursday, November 8, 2007

Parent Teacher Conferences

This number represents your childs effort in class and the number for conduct reflects their behavior in class. Here is the pumpkin that he made in class. . . Two half days off this week for Parent Teacher Conferences (its good because they only really take up 1/2 of 1 day)!! Two days off school last week for All Saints Day, two half days this week, and two days off later this month for Thanksgiving makes for a quick month!

I am excited for Dad to come back into town next week. He is coming through Libreville where he will catch his flight for the USA -just about in time for Mom's birthday! It is nice for us but a lot of traveling for him because we only have school for two weeks in December and then he is coming back out with Mom and Larisa for Christmas in Bongolo! Who knew that would ever happen . . . EVER - it is perfect timing though. Brett and I are here and Dad has this building project going on at the Bongolo Hospital all at the same time. God is good!

I am going to make no promises of when I will get more of our pictures up because I have not been living up to my promising of pictures. However at some point I will post a picture from my birthday when my Dad opened up the world of Le Meridien to Brett and I. It is just a two minute walk down our little dirt road and Voila! Le Meridien! (I just found some pics on the internet!)

This is the lobby - it is like a real deal hotel. This is shocking because it is extremely different from everything else we see. I mean we walk on a dirt road to get to the hotel.







This is the cool spot by the pool where Dad surprised us for my birthday. They had a grill guy who would grill the fish, beef, or chicken that you picked out. Then they had a buffet with new things I had not tried before - all very good. We still love our Commador Shwarmas but this was a nice change of scenery!



This is the bright workout room where we go to get all buffed up! They are overly nice and helpful. It is the best place for me to practice my French. However picking up a weight, looking confused, and pointing to one of my arm muscles is a quick and easy way to be introduced to a new exercise. (and it requires no French)


Brett and I have only spent one day at the pool but it did not take me long to decide that this is my favorite spot! The ocean is behind the chairs and it is just beautiful!

I have probably lost all complaining priviledges because it looks like my life is just a day at the pool here in Africa! I miss you all very much but am having fun getting e-mails from everyone and checking your blogs! Thanks for keeping in touch:)

- Angela

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bub
I love you and miss you like whoa.
toot

ps I can picture you in the weight practicing your French and laughing with the locals as you butcher their language (:

Bethany said...

Angela- you love laying out in the sun...I remember the good ol' days laying out by the pool in Lexington be entertained by the "big" 7 yr. old girls wearing bathing suits that were obviously too small for them. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Angela
The pictures show a great escape for you two. Maybe during your extra days off in December you can vacation next door! Tell your dad hi for me...

Anonymous said...

I don't see anything as fancy in my back yard!! What are you doing for Thanksgiving? I think you cooked a turkey last year? Can you imagine what our Christmas is going to be like without your family and Kristine/Thomas? Our families have celebrated the holidays together for 52 years! You weren't there for all of them. Ha! Remember last year you got locked in the closet with the phone? We'll make it through. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. We love you lots. grandma mary