Friday, October 31, 2008

Publication and Brief Update

I recently had a poem accepted in the literary magazine Cold Mountain Review. It's forthcoming in their Fall issue, which will be released in January.

I'd post it, but I'm not sure if that's considered "publishing" it or not, so you'll have to wait until after January if you're interested. I'm excited.

In other news, Angela and I are driving to Indianapolis for a Halloween party tomorrow, and then on to IWU for a Sunday visit. We are not sure what we're going to dress up as-- she wasn't too keen on my idea for her to dress up as Dwight from The Office, and me to dress up as Angela.

Cheers.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

hahahaha...love the costume idea. Also CONGRATS on the poem, thats awesome! Can't wait to read it.

pkgormong said...

Congrats, Brett! We are excited to read it...we will want you to autograph it as well of course! I am starting to teach my 4th graders about writing and I hate it...wish I had your talent so it would be more fun and interesting! Tell Angela hello for me! Love, Phil and Kara

::athada:: said...

Congrats on the publication.

That is the best costume idea ever.

And you didn't call me. I just got home and puttered away a Sunday without you.

I might have to ride my bike to Oxford to see you. This week?

sabo_meenyo said...

that's soooo awesome, brett!!! congrats, congrats! i definitely want to read it!!

ps im sad i didn't see you guys during the (mini)marathon :(

kristine said...

congrats brett!!! we would love to read it. maybe you can send us a copy in the mail. doubt we can get the magazine here in greece????? HA!

bethany said...

hey Brett! Congrats on getting your poem published; I'd love to read it. How is everything in Oxford? Is it getting chilly? Hope you are doing well...

Bethany said...

update! update! update!