Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Life, Pt. II (Accomplishment)

Merry Christmas.

Although I haven't been writing much over this holiday break (I mean writing in general, not posting on this blog), I'm not worried. I think it's beneficial to take a break once in a while, so I don't burn myself out like some short-lived roman candle-- and also, I've had other worthy accomplishments.

Below, you are going to witness a photo of what is more than likely, the best gift an uncle has ever given a niece-- a realistic, stuffed guinea pig. Upon presentation of said guinea, there was some confusion:




But it wasn't long before uncertainty gave way to love.



Love, however, was short lived, as evidenced by this 1:41 video clip. You'll have to forgive my vaugely homosexual-sounding commentary, I guess it's a combination of How I Really Sound and How I Talk To Little Kids-- also, I keep referring the the guinea as a gerbil.



And, finally, a movie update:

Slumdog Millonaire and Marley & Me have both been knocked down. Both were excellent films. I was pleasantly surprised with Anniston, and thought she was at her best in the post-partum scene(s). Angela made the solid point that the latter film did a nice job of not glorifying either owning a dog, or having kids. And I agree.

Tonight at 9:30, I'm crossing off Benjamin Button. Maybe I'll actually see all the films on my list before the 12th...

Finally, here is a photo of Ang. and I in line for Marley & Me.

2 comments:

junglentink said...

nice video. i espically liked her munching on her christmas present :)

bethany said...

love the guinea pig video & the drop-kicking action. :)