Thursday, March 26, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

On Monday I went and saw Salman Rushdie speak, which was a wonderful, informative experience-- one of the few lectures/readings I've attended recently that was higher than my expectations. So I started writing a blog about the event, intermingled with some updated thoughts I've been grappling with about the media/culture phenomena I touched on a while ago, but I've been busy the last few days and haven't been able to finish.

But, I thought people might be interested to see that the trailer for Where The Wild Things Are, directed by Spike Jonze, was just released, and it looks pretty good. Obviously the screenwriters had to take a lot of liberties since the book is short, but as I was watching the credits flash by I thought I saw a name I knew, so I backtracked and sure enough...Dave Eggers cowrote the screenplay with Spike Jonze!

Wouldn't miss it for the world. You can access the trailer on apple's website by clicking on the colored link above, but you have to have quicktime.

Salman Rushdie blog forthcoming.

No comments: