I probably should have tacked this on as an update to the last blog, but I had to say that it's no wonder Dave Eggers hasn't published much since his last novel, What is the What (An incredible book). Eggers and his wife, Vendela Vida (whose book, Let the Northen Lights Erase Your Name I'm currently teaching in my composition class) recently co-wrote a movie together, Away We Go.
I've devised a formula to predict whether or not this movie will be worth going to see:
Focus Features distributing the film + Sam Mendes directing + a screenplay by Dave Eggers and Vendela Vida + a cast that includes John Krasinski, Maya Rudolph, Jeff Daniels, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Allison Janey = The perfect storm for what is now the most anticipated film of 2009.
Trailer available by clicking on title.
2 comments:
I'm a little late to the game but nonetheless thankful for the recommendation - the film looks to be great, certainly better that "Revolutionary Road".
Post a Comment